General Outlines of the Spiritual Lessons of the Book
The Knowledge of the Word of God
1. What ministers preach is none other but the word of God (1:2).
2. All the word that believers learn are true (1:5).
3. With God nothing will be impossible (1:37).
4. We are servants of the Lord and we should let it be to us according to the word of God (1:38).
5. There will be a fulfillment of those things which were told men from the Lord (1:45; 24:44).
6. If one wants to speak for God, the word of God must come to him fist (3:2).
7. Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God (4:4).
8. The words which proceed out of the Lord’s mouth are the “gracious words” (4:22).
9. The word of the Lord is with authority and power that it overcomes the unclean spirits (4:36).
10. There will be unexpected results if one does at the word of the Lord (5:5-6).
11. He who hears the words of the Lord and does them does lay the foundation on the rock (6:47-48).
12. If we have “the word” of the Lord, all difficulties shall be solved (7:7).
13. The word of God is the seed and it will grow and bear fruit (8:11).
14. The work of the devil is to take away the word out of men’s hearts (8:12).
15. When men hear and receive the word with joy, it is still possible that the word may be choked by various kinds of cares so that they bring no fruit to maturity (8:13-14).
16. After men have heard the word, they should have it with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience (8:15).
17. Those who hear the word of God and do it are the family members of the Lord (8:21).
18. He who is ashamed of the Lord’s words, of him the Lord will be ashamed when He comes (9:26).
19. Concerning all the words that the Lord has spoken to us, even if we do not understand them, we should keep them in our ears (hearts) because they shall be opened some day (9:44-45).
20. Sitting at Jesus' feet and hearing His word is the good part and it will not be taken away (10:39-42).
21. Those who hear the word of God and keep it are more blessed than Mary the mother of the Lord according to the flesh (11:27-28).
22. He who has ears to hear, let him hear the word of the Lord (14:35).
23. The word of the Lord is pure and impeccable (20:20, 26).
24. Heaven and earth will pass away, but the word of the Lord will by no means pass away (21:33).
25. Remembering the word of the Lord that He has spoken to us would enlighten us (22:61-62; 24:8).
26. Take care! When the Lord does not speak to us, it is shown that we have some problem (23:9).
27. The word of the Lord is mighty (24:19).
The Family and the Whole Life of John the Baptist
1. His family:
a. His father was a priest and his mother was of the daughters of Aaron (1:5).
b. His father and mother were both righteous before God and blameless (1:6).
c. They had no child when they were both well advanced in years (1:7).
d. Their pray was heard and
e. His father became mute because he did not believe the word of the angel until the son was born (1:20).
f. His mother Elizabeth was the relative of Mary the mother of Jesus (1:36).
g. There is no one among his relatives who is called John (1:60-61).
2. The prophecy about him that the angel had said:
a. His birth will make his parents and many rejoice (1:14).
b. He will be great in the sight of the Lord (1:15a).
c. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb (1:15b).
d. He will turn many of the children of
e. He was in the spirit and power of Elijah (1:17a).
3. He leaped in his mother’s womb for the greeting of the mother of the Lord (1:41-44).
4. The encouragement of his father:
a. You, child, will be called the prophet of the Highest (1:76a).
b. You will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways (1:76b).
c. To give knowledge of salvation to His people by the remission of their sins (1:77).
5. His growing up and conditions:
a. The child grew (1:80a).
b. And he became strong in spirit (1:80b).
c. And he was in the deserts till the day of
his manifestation to
6. His preaching in the wilderness:
a. The beginning of his preaching------the word of God came to him (3:2)------God’s calling and entrusting.
b. The place of preaching------all the
region around the
c. The theme of preaching------preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins (3:3), i.e. the glad tidings (3:18).
d. The attitude of preaching:
1) The voice of one crying in the wilderness (3:4a)------do not seek his own glory and only act as “a voice”; “crying” shows that he was full of burden in him.
2) Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come (3:7)------he declared others guilty bluntly.
3) He humbly admitted that he was not Christ and he was not worthy to loose the sandal strap of the Lord (3:15-17).
4) He blamed the Herod the king who committed sin (3:4a)------he did not fear the power and influence and kept the justice.
e. The aim of preaching:
1) Prepare the way of the LORD; make His paths straight (3:4b)------prepare the way for the Lord.
2) All flesh shall see the salvation of God (3:6)------make men have the salvation of God.
f. Detailed rules of preaching (3:5):
1) Every valley shall be filled------deal with the desire of men’s hearts.
2) Every mountain and hill brought low------deal with the pride of men’s hearts.
3) The crooked places shall be made straight------deal with the cunning of men’s hearts.
4) And the rough ways smooth------deal with the trepidation and grievance of men’s hearts.
g. The way of preaching------teach in accordance with different kinds of men:
1) To common people------help the poor (3:10-11).
2) To tax collectors------do not blackmail anyone (3:12-13).
3) To soldiers------do not intimidate anyone (3:14).
h. The ending of preaching------he was put into prison (3:20).
7. His teachings to the disciples------fast often and make prayers (5:33).
8. His question to the Lord Jesus:
a. He sent his disciples to ask the Lord that, “Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?” (7:18-20).
b. The Lord answered him with His deeds (7:21-22).
c. The Lord encouraged him that he should not be defended because of Him (7:23).
9. The comment of the Lord Jesus towards him:
a. He wasn’t the reed shaken by the wind (7:24).
b. He wasn’t the man clothed in soft garments (7:25).
c. He was more than a prophet (7:26-27).
d. Among those born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he (7:28).
e. He was called as a demon because he came neither eating bread nor drinking wine (7:33).
10. He was killed finally by Herod (9:9).
11. It is misunderstood that the Lord Jesus was John who had risen from the dead (9:7).
12. He became the landmark between the dispensation of the Law and the dispensation of grace (16:16).
13. He was held by the Lord Jesus and the people that his authority was from heaven (20:1-8).
The Comparisons in the Book of Luke
1. Zacharias and Elizabeth were both righteous before God, but they had no child (1:6-7).
2. He has put down the mighty from their thrones, and exalted the lowly (1:52).
3. He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich He has sent away empty (1:53).
4. Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men (2:14).
5. The conditions of growing up of John the Baptist and the Lord Jesus (1:80; 2:40, 52).
6. The brood of vipers and the children of Abraham (3:7-8).
7. Baptism with water and baptism with the Holy Spirit and fire (3:16).
8. The wheat and the chaff (3:17).
9. A spirit of an unclean demon and the Holy one of God (4:33-34).
10. We have caught all night and caught nothing; they let down the net at the Lord’s word and they caught a great number of fish (5:5-6).
11. The Lord has not come to call the righteous, but sinners (5:32).
12. Fast and make prayers and eat and drink (5:33).
13. Put a piece from a new garment on an old one (5:36).
14. Put new wine into old wineskins (5:37).
15. Blessed are you poor and woe to you who are rich (6:20, 24).
16. Blessed are you who hunger now and woe to you who are full (6:21, 25).
17. Blessed are you who weep now and woe to you who laugh now (6:21, 25).
18. Blessed are you when men hate you for the Son of Man's sake and woe to you when all men speak well of you (6:22, 26).
19. He who looks at the speck in his brother's eye, but does not perceive the plank in his own eye (6:41-42).
20. A good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit (6:43).
21. The one who hears the Lord’s sayings and does them and the one who heard and did nothing (6:46-49).
22. John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine and the Son of Man has come eating and drinking (7:33-34).
23. Whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him (8:18; 19:26).
24. The Lord’s mother and brothers according to the flesh and the mother and brothers who hear the word of God and do it (8:19-21).
25. The daughter about twelve years was dying and the women who had a flow of blood for twelve years (8:42-43).
26. Whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for the Lord’s sake will save it (9:24).
27. They saw the appearance of Jesus be altered on the mount and they met a man who was seized by a spirit at the foot of the mount (9:28-29, 37-39).
28. He who is least among you all will be great (9:48).
29. The Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives but to save them (9:56).
30. Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head (9:58).
31. The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few (10:2).
32. Those who have been sent by the Lord are as lambs among wolves (10:3).
33. You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes (10:21).
34. A good Samaritan and the cold and heartless priest and Levite (10:30-37)
35. Mary sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word and Martha was distracted with much serving (10:39-40).
36. Ask for bread and be given a stone; ask for a fish and be given a serpent; ask for an egg and be given a scorpion (11:11-12).
37. He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters (11:23).
38. The Pharisees make the outside of the cup and dish clean, but their inward part is full of greed and wickedness (11:39).
39. Whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops (12:3).
40. Those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do; after He has killed, has power to cast into hell (12:4-5).
41. The confessing and denying before men and before the angels of God (12:8-9).
42. He who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God (12:21).
43. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing (12:23).
44. He who gives the household their portion of food in due season; he who begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk (12:42, 45).
45. Discern the face of the sky and of the earth and discern this time (12:56).
46. A mustard seed grew and became a large tree (13:19).
47. Men hope that the more men are saved the better; the Lord asks men to strive to enter through the narrow gate and few are able to enter (13:23-24).
48. There are last who will be first, and there are first who will be last (13:30).
49. The one who sits down in the best place begins with shame to take the lowest place; the one who sits down in the lowest place is invited by the master to go up higher (14:8-10).
50. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted (14:11; 18:14).
51. Do not ask your friends, your brothers, your relatives, nor rich neighbors, but invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind (14:12-13).
52. The younger son and the elder son (15:11-32).
53. The unrighteous mammon and the true riches (16:11).
54. Serve God and serve mammon (16:13).
55. What is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God (16:15).
56. The rich man and the beggar Lazarus (16:19-31).
57. A Samaritan gave Him thanks and the nine Jews did not give Him thanks (17:16-17).
58. Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it (17:33)
59. The one will be taken and the other left (17:35-36).
60. The Pharisee’s self-righteous prayer and the tax collector’s prayer that he confessed his sins (18:9-14).
61. The things which are impossible with men are possible with God (18:27).
62. The servants who earned ten minas and five minas and the servant who has kept the mina put away in a handkerchief (19:12-26).
63. The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone (20:17).
64. Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's (20:25).
65. The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, neither marry nor are given in marriage (20:34-35).
66. This poor widow’s two mites are more than all (21:1-4).
67. Heaven and earth will pass away, but the Lord’s words will by no means pass away (21:33).
68. He who is greatest among you, let him be as the younger, and he who governs as he who serves (22:26).
69. Peter was willing to go with the Lord to death, however, he denied the Lord three times (22:33-34).
70. The green wood and the dry wood (23:31).
71. One of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed the Lord and the other confessed his sins and called upon the Lord (23:39-43).
The Failure of Religious Believers and General Christians
1. Obey all the commandments and ceremonies and do not have child------lack life (1:6-7).
2. Have the behaviors of prayers and do not believe in the answering of prayers (1:13, 20).
3. Have the expression of repentance (baptism) and do not have the behaviors of repentance (3:7-8).
4. Praise the gracious words of the Lord and be enraged at the Lord true words (4:22-28).
5. Know the Bible and do not know the Lord Jesus (5:17-21).
6. Distain to eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners (5:30).
7. Fast often and make prayers because they are not with the bridegroom (5:33-34).
8. Put a piece from a new garment on an old one (5:36).
9. Put new wine into old wineskins (5:37).
10. Keep the Sabbath strictly and do not know the Lord of the Sabbath (6:1-5).
11. Be fervent in keeping the ceremonies of the Sabbath and neglect the reality of the Sabbath (6:6-11).
12. They are the blind lead the blind and both of them fall into the ditch of “keeping the Law” (6:39).
13. Call “Lord, Lord” in their mouth and don’t do things which the Lord says (6:46).
14. They think that men deserve grace because of good works (7:4-5).
15. Invite the Lord and criticize Him secretly in his heart (7:36-39).
16. Receive the word with joy when he hears but he has no root in his heart (8:13).
17. Whoever does not have thinks that he has (8:18).
18. Throng and press the Lord and never touch the Lord truly and experience His great power (8:45-46).
19. Exalt the spiritual giants------make three tabernacles (9:33).
20. Be powerless towards the power of the darkness (9:40).
21. They dispute with each other that which of them would be the greatest (9:46-48).
22. Forbid the one who does not follow the Lord with them (9:49-50).
23. Want to command fire to come down from heaven and consume those who do not receive them (9:53-56).
24. Want to follow the Lord voluntarily (it is not of the Lord’s calling) (9:57-58).
25. Having received the Lord’s calling, one is unable to depart from the worldly things (9:59-62).
26. Hold that men could inherit the eternal life by “doing something” (i.e. good works) (10:25; 18:18).
27. Do not have mercy toward men (10:30-32).
28. Blaspheme the Lord that, “He casts out demons by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons” (11:14-15).
29. It is swept and put in order and let seven other more wicked spirits enter and dwell (11:24-26).
30. Seek to see signs (11:29).
31. Make the outside of the cup and dish clean, but their inward part is full of greed and wickedness (11:37-39).
32. Tithe and pass by justice and the love of God (11:42).
33. Love the best seats in the synagogues and greetings in the marketplaces (11:43; 20:46).
34. They are like graves which are not seen, and the men who walk over them are not aware of them (11:44).
35. Load men with burdens hard to bear, and they themselves do not touch the burdens with one of their fingers (11:46).
36. Build the tombs of the prophets. In fact, they bear witness that they approve the deeds of their fathers; for they indeed killed them (11:47-51).
37. Have taken away the key of knowledge. They did not enter in themselves, and those who were entering in they hindered (11:52).
38. Be hypocrisy (12:1).
39. He says in his heart, "My master is delaying his coming,' and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and be drunk (12:45).
40. He who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will (12:47).
41. Do not bear fruit and use up the ground (13:6-9).
42. Pay more attention to sheep, oxen and cattle than to men (13:11-16).
43. Pay attention to the number of people and do not strive to enter through the narrow gate (13:23-24).
44. They think that they are elder in the Lord but the Lord did not know them (13:25-26).
45. Workers of iniquity (13:27).
46. Do not want to be gathered by the Lord (13:34).
47. Be unwilling to pay price (14:28-33).
48. The salt has lost its flavor (14:34-35).
49. Be angry with the younger son who returned and the father (15:25-32).
50. Love mammon and serve both God and mammon (16:13-14).
51. They justify themselves before men and their heart is an abomination in the sight of God (16:15).
52. Offend others (17:1-2).
53. Enjoy the grace of God and do not give glory to God (17:12-18).
54. Be self-righteous in prayer (18:11-12).
55. Look down upon the little children (18:15-17).
56. Go before and do not allow men to call upon the Lord (18:39).
57. Do not allow men to praise God with a loud voice (19:37-40).
58. Make the
59. Fear men and do not fear God (20:4-7).
60. The wicked the vinedresser were unwilling to bear fruit and killed the beloved son of God (20:13-15).
61. Fall on the stone which they have rejected (20:17-18).
62. Pretend to be righteous (20:20).
63. Do not understand the Bible (20:41-44).
64. Desire to go around in long robes (20:46).
65. Devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers (20:47).
66. Say in the name of the Lord, “I am He” (21:8).
67. Persecute the Lord’s true Christians (21:12).
68. Betray the Lord (22:3-6).
69. Dispute with each other that which of them should be considered the greatest (22:24).
70. Rely on the flesh (22:33, 38, 50).
71. Cannot watch and pray (22:45-46).
72. Be in the power of darkness (22:53).
73. Dare not to confess the Lord before men (22:54-61).
74. Frame Him with lie (23:2).
75. The voices prevail (23:23).
76. The dry wood (23:31).
The Angels in the Book of Luke
1. An angel predicted the birth of John the Baptist to Zacharias (1:8-20).
2. The angel predicted to Mary that she would give birth to the Lord Jesus (1:26-38).
3. The angel brought the good tidings of great joy to the shepherds in the fields (2:8-15).
4. The angels are sent by God to keep those who are of Him (4:10-11).
5. When the Lord comes, they will also come with Him in His glory (9:26).
6. Before the angels the Lord confesses those who confess Him before men and denies those who deny Him before men (12:8-9).
7. They rejoice for the repentance of sinners (15:7, 10).
8. The righteous are carried by the angels to the
9. They neither marry nor are given in marriage (20:35-36).
10. An angel appeared to the Lord Jesus in the
11. They appeared to women in the morning of the Lord’s resurrection (24:4-7, 23).
The Example, Warning and Exhortation of Prayer
1. The prayer is heard by God (1:13).
2. Serving God with fasting and prayers in the
3. Pray for the opening of the heaven (3:21).
4. Withdraw into the wilderness and pray (5:16).
5. Prayers with fasting (5:33).
6. The example of prayer of the Lord Jesus (6:12):
a. Go up to the mountain to pray.
b. Continued all night.
c. Prayer to God or God’s prayer.
7. Pray for the enemies (6:28).
8. Pray for the saving of life (8:24).
9. The Lord prays and the disciples joined Him (9:18).
10. Prayer that the appearance of His face was altered (9:28-29).
11. The example of prayer that causes the disciples to long for (11:1).
12. The type of prayer (11:2-4):
a. Pray to our Father in heaven------because we have the relation of life with Him.
b. Hallow the name of God------worship God and affirm God Himself and all that He had done.
e. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven------the will of God is the prerequisite.
f. Give us day by day our daily bread------for our own necessities of the flesh this life------knowing that God is the fountainhead of provision.
g. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us------in order to remove the obstruction of the fellowship between God and us------knowing God’s disposition.
h. Do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one------for the spiritual conflicts------knowing God’s power and authority.
13. Prayer with persistence (11:5-13):
a. Lend me three loaves------it must be the real need.
b. I have nothing to set before him------one has to know that he has nothing.
c. Because of his persistence-------it must be of one’s inner burden.
d. Ask, and it will be given to you------one has the specific actions of prayer.
e. Seek, and you will find------one has the single-minded item of prayer.
f. Knock, and it will be opened to you------one has the clear aim of prayer.
g. Believe that God will assuredly give the “right” thing.
h. Believe that God will assuredly give the “best” thing------give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him.
14. Do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink (12:29-30).
15. Seek the
16. The prayer that men always ought to pray and not lose heart (18:1-8):
a. God is unlike the unrighteous judge and He regards men.
b. God shall avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them.
c. One must have faith and then he could pray persistently.
17. Two different kinds of attitudes of prayer (18:9-14):
a. He though that he was righteous------I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers; He admitted his corruption------standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven.
b. He condemned others------or even as that tax collector; He was broken for sins------beat his breast.
c. He boasted himself before God------I fast twice a week and I give tithes of all that I possess; He asked for God’s kindness and mercy------God, be merciful to me a sinner!
18. Those who for a pretense make long prayers will receive greater condemnation (20:47).
19. Prayer in the
a. Prayer that one may not enter into temptation.
b. Prayer that He knelt down alone.
c. Prayer that He asked to take this cup away from Him, but the will of God, be done.
d. Prayer that an angel strengthened Him.
f. The earnest prayer with great agony.
g. After He had prayed, He had committed everything to God.
The Holy Spirit in the Book of Luke
1. Shall drink neither wine nor strong drink because one is filled with the Holy Spirit (1:15).
2. When the Holy Spirit will come upon one, the power of the Highest will overshadow him (1:35).
3. Being filled with the Holy Spirit, one could prophesy (1:67).
4. Because the Holy Spirit is upon one, he has the hope and gets the revelation (2:25-26).
5. Because he came by the Spirit, he was able to know the Lord’s Christ (2:27).
6. The Lord would baptize men with the Holy Spirit (3:16).
7. The Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove (3:22).
8. Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, was led by the Spirit to be tempted by the devil (4:1).
9. The Lord was in the power of the Holy Spirit (4:14).
10. The Holy Spirit anointed the Lord to preach the Gospel (4:18-19).
11. The Lord was rejoiced in the Spirit and thanked the Father for His good pleasure (10:21).
12. The Father is wiling to give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him (11:13).
13. To him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven (12:10).
14. The Holy Spirit will teach men what they ought to say (12:12).
15. The woman who loses one coin typifies the Holy Spirit (15:8-10).
16. The befalling of the Holy Spirit enables men to be endured with power from on high (24:49).
The Spiritual States that Christians should Have
1. He goes before the Lord in the Spirit and power of Elijah (1:17).
2. My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior (1:46-47).
3. Become strong (1:80).
4. Poor in the Spirit, hunger and weep (6:20-21; See Matt. 5:3).
5. Know what manner of spirit you are of (9:55).
6. The Spirit that bandages others’ wounds------oil (10:34).
The Knowledge of Faith
1. Unbelief makes men be mute and not be able to speak (1:20).
2. Blessed is the one who believes, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which are told him from the Lord (1:45).
3. The faith of all will take effect before the Lord (5:20).
4. Believing “the word” of the Lord is “great faith” in His sight (7:7-9).
5. Faith saves one and makes one go in peace (7:50; 8:48).
6. The devil fears that men should believe and be saved (8:12).
7. The faith of some has no root and they believe for a while (8:13).
8. Do not be afraid; only believe, and she will be made well (8:50).
9. Faith is committing to (16:11, the “commit to” in this verse is “faith” in the original).
10. If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can pull up the roots of the mulberry and plant them in the sea (17:5-6).
11. Faith makes men not lose heart in prayer and few men have faith (18:1-8).
12. Faith opens the eyes of men’s hearts (18:42).
13. The true faith does not mind others’ opinions (20:5-6).
14. Faith of believers is the target in the conflict between the Lord and the devil (22:31-32).
15. Concerning men with evil intentions, even if the Lord has said the word to them, they will by no means believe (22:67).
16. The slow faith makes men be foolish in spiritual things (24:25).
The Name of the Son of Man the Savior
1. Jesus (1:31)------God comes to be men’s Savior (or salvation).
2. The Son of the Highest (1:32)------the manifestation of the Highest.
3. He shall reign over the house of Jacob (1:33)------the king of God’s elect.
4. The holy thing (1:35)------be separated to God.
5. The Son of God (1:35)------the manifestation of God.
6. Lord (1:43)------the Lord of all.
7. Savior (1:47)------deliver men from the power of the devil and sin.
8. An horn of salvation (1:69)------the Savior with power (horn).
9. The Dayspring (1:78)------give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death.
10. Christ the Lord (2:11)------the Lord who is anointed by the Holy Spirit.
11. The Consolation of Israel (2:25)------the Consolation of God’s elect.
12. A light to the Gentiles (2:32)------give light to the Gentiles.
13. The glory of
14. God’s beloved Son (3:22)------in Him God is well pleased.
15. Jesus of
16. The Holy one of God (4:34)------be separated to God.
17. Christ (4:41)------the one who is anointed by the Holy Spirit.
18. The Son of Man (5:24)------the word became flesh.
19. A physician (5:31)------the doctor of men’s spirit, soul and body.
20. The bridegroom (5:34)------the everlasting and fresh reliance and joy.
21. The Lord of the Sabbath (6:5)------give men the true rest.
22. A friend of sinners (7:34)------He humbles Himself in order to gain sinners.
23. Wisdom (7:35)------make men gain the heavenly wisdom.
24. Teacher (7:40)------teach men the things of God.
25. Jesus Son of the Most High God (8:28)------Jesus is the manifestation of the Most High God.
26. The Christ of God (9:20)------the one whom God has anointed with the Holy Spirit.
27. The good Samaritan (10:33-37)------be merciful and kind to men.
28. The greater Solomon (11:31)------speak the wisdom.
29. The greater Jonah (11:32)------rise among the dead.
30. The master (12:36-37)------the master of God’s household.
31. Shepherd (15:4-7)------shepherd the flock of God.
32. A good teacher (18:18)------God Himself comes to be men’s instructor.
33. A noble man (19:12)------have the noble identity.
34. The King who comes in the name of the LORD (19:38)------He is sent by God to reign on the earth.
35. The beloved son of the owner of the vineyard (20:13)------the inheritor of God’s possessions.
36. The stone which the builders rejected (20:17)------He was rejected by Judaic leaders.
37. The chief cornerstone (20:17)------the foundation to build the church.
38. The Son of David (20:41)------the king of the kingdom (the Messiah).
39. The Lamb of the Passover (22:7)------atone for men.
40. The King of the Jews (23:3)------the King of God’s elect.
41. The green wood (23:31)------full of the juice of life.
42. A righteous man (23:47)------the one God has justified.
43. The Lord Jesus (24:3)------Jesus is the King.
44. The living (24:5)------the Lord of resurrection.
45. Jesus of
The Knowledge of the
1. Of His kingdom there will be no end (1:33).
2. It is opposed to all the kingdoms of the world (4:5).
3. The Lord had been sent for the purpose of preaching the
5. He who is least in the
6. To those who are of God it has been given to know the mysteries of
7. The Lord sent His disciples to preach the
8. Let the dead bury their own dead, but we go and preach the
9. No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for
10. Pray for the coming of the
11. If one casts out demons with the finger of God, surely the
12. As long as we seek the
13. It is the Father's good pleasure to give us the kingdom (12:32).
16. There will be many Gentiles come to sit down in the kingdom of God, but God’s elect who rejected the Lord shall be thrust out (13:28-29).
17. Blessed is he who shall eat bread in the
18. Since that time the
20. Indeed, the
21. Whoever does not receive the
22. It is hard for those who have riches to enter the
23. There is no one who has left all, for the sake of the kingdom of God, who shall not receive many times more in this present time, and in the age to come eternal life (18:29-30).
24. When the Lord returns, having received a kingdom, He will reward or punish us according to the conditions of our management (19:12-26).
25. When we see that the fig trees are already budding, we should know
26. Those who have continued with the Lord in His trials may eat and drink at the Lord's table in His kingdom (22:28-30).
27. We should wait for the
Out of Men’s Hearts Spring the Issues of Life
1. The one whose soul magnifies the Lord shall be regarded by the Lord; He has scattered the proud (1:46, 51).
2. The thoughts of many hearts shall be revealed (2:35).
3. We should prepare the way of the Lord in our hearts first and then we could see the salvation of God (3:4-6).
4. The Lord perceives our thoughts (5:22; 7:39-40, 49; 9:47).
5. Out of the abundance of the heart one’s mouth speaks (6:45).
6. The conditions of men’s hearts will influence the growing up and bearing fruit of “the word” (8:11-15).
7. Though there is much serving, we should not be distracted with it. We should not be worried or troubled with many things (10:40-41).
8. The Lord pays more attention to men’s inward states than the outside behaviors (11:39).
9. We should take heed and beware of covetousness (12:15).
10. Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (12:34).
11. It is required by the Lord in servants that one be found faithful (12:42-46).
12. God knows men’s hearts. What is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God (16:15).
14. Once one has been entered by Satan, he would betray the Lord (22:3-6).
15. Understanding the word of the Lord would make our hearts burn (24:32).
The Knowledge of Money that We should Have
1. The rich He has sent away empty (1:53).
2. Do not have the heart of covetousness (3:13-14).
3. The poor has more chance to hear the gospel (4:18).
4. Woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation (6:24).
5. Give to everyone who asks of you; lend to others from whom you do not hope to receive back (6:30-34).
6. Give, and it will be given to you (6:38).
7. What profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost (9:25)?
8. Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses (12:15).
9. The one who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God is foolish (12:16-21).
10. Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail (12:33).
11. Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (12:34).
12. Men’s souls are the priceless treasure (15:8-10).
13. Make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon so as to be received into an everlasting home (16:1-9).
14. If we have been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, God will commit to our trust the true riches (16:10-12).
15. We cannot serve both God and mammon (16:13).
16. How one uses money in his lifetime determines his ending after death (16:19-31).
17. It is hard for those who have riches to enter the
18. The one who has left all for the sake of the Lord shall receive many times more in this present time, and in the age to come eternal life (18:28-29).
19. The one who receives grace and truly meets the Lord will be willing to share money with men and deal with money that is made unjustly (19:1-10).
20. We should diligently use and manage the money and all resources that the Lord has entrusted us (19:11-26).
21. Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's (20:25).
22. Avoid supposing that godliness is a means of gain (20:47).
23. The widow’s two mites (all the livelihood that she had) are more than all (21:1-4).
The Knowledge of Repentance
1. The effect of repentance------the remission of sins (3:3).
2. The proof of repentance------bear fruits worthy of repentance (3:8).
3. The men who repent------not the righteous, but sinners (5:32).
4. The importance of repentance------there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance (15:7).
5. The mission to make men repent------repentance and remission of sins
should be preached in the Lord’s name to all nations, beginning at
The Knowledge of the Cross
1. If anyone desires to come after the Lord, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow the Lord (9:23).
2. Whoever does not bear his cross and come after the Lord cannot be His disciple (14:27).
3. The slogan of the cross------“Away with this man…crucify Him” (23:18, 21).
4. The example of taking up the cross------Simon a Cyrenian------he was forced to take up the cross (23:26).
5. The superscription of the cross------the king of the Jews (23:38)------be lifted up out of the earth (See John. 12:32).
── Caleb Huang《Christian Digest Bible Commentary Series》
Translated by Sharon Ren